Coonoor, located amid lush Nilgiri hills adorned with velvety tea plantations, is the charm of South India. It is one of the three Nilgiri hill stations with breathtaking views, away from the hustle of the city. Visit this place and you will find yourself tucked between trees and a gentle wave of breeze reaching out to you. This tea country offers phenomenal panoramas of verdant valleys and diverse topography. It offers an olfactory ecstasy for the tea lovers who can sip a cup of tea while enjoying a view of endless green paradise.
Coonoor – A Serene Getaway
Coonoor offers an adventure-packed break from the daily pandemonium of city life. Here is a list of things to do in Coonoor:
- Kick-start the Coonoor sojourn with an exciting trek through the mysterious paths of Hidden Valley. You can also visit Droog fort for an exciting trek experience.
- Enjoy the exciting toy train ride as the train snakes through passages with incredible views of the valley and hills
- A visual treat for anthophiles, Sam’s Park houses around 80 varieties of roses among other fragrant flowers.
- Embark on a road trip to the dolphin nose-shaped Lamb’s rock and bask yourself in the depths of the quaint hills
- Explore the High Fields Tea Factory to tour and taste the different varieties of tea. Learn the extrication process of Eucalyptus oil from trees and learn how chocolates are prepared.
- Shop for different kinds of oils, teas, chocolates and spices at Coonoor
Imperial Stay, Signature Experiences
Gateway, Coonoor-IHCL SeleQtions offers sweeping views of hills and valleys. Enjoy a staycation in the colonial-styled architecture in the lap of nature. At a mere distance of 1.5 kilometre from Sim’s Park with a breathtaking 180 degree view of Nilgiri hills, this is the best hotel in Coonoor if you want to be nestled in the beauty of nature. All Saints Church adjacent to the hotel offers a transporting view to the British history of the place. Located in the midst of beautiful Southern hills, this hotel serves South Indian cuisine beside a warm fireplace with the backdrop of picturesque mountains. Luxurious facilities to rejuvenate and relax include ayurvedic spa, fitness centre, badminton court, indoor games, bicycle rides and library. Indulge in some self-pampering with a visit to the traditional spas here as they immerse your mind and body in a state of nirvana. Signature Ayurvedic treatments and professional therapists at this spa in Coonoor blend holistic approaches with Indian techniques to offer you a rejuvenating experience that leave you feeling refreshed. The view of mesmerizing skylines of the mountain ranges and mushrooming greenery makes the massage therapy more soothing. Feel the best aromatherapy in Coonoor derived from ancient Indian culture, royalty and wisdom. Release the built-up stress from body with the expertise of our skilled therapists who meticulously liberate your body of impurities and detoxifying in the process. The unique blend of oils as dictated by Ayurveda refreshes and energizes the body as a therapeutic treatment. Feel the magic and natural goodness of exotic herbs and evocative herbs bring alive a renewed self. Indulge yourself in a one of a kind experience at the best luxury spa in Coonoor and travel beyond the ordinary.