I stood at a height equal to 30th floor of a building. The wind was strong & made the platform sway. I was getting ready for an 83 meter jump. “Done” exclaimed the instructor, and I started walking towards the edge.
The platform vibrated as I walked and approached the edge. I looked down and skipped a heart beat! The rocks were visible at the bottom of a river which flowed gently in its purest form. What if the cord snaps? What is I jumped down and didn’t come back up? What if I twist my arm or leg beyond repair? Well, such questions kept rising in my mind, making me real nervous. The instructor advised me to not look down but straight. I saw a yellow board where one can concentrate if scared of heights. But, I decided to look down before and during the jump! I was determined to keep my eyes open and submit myself to the expertise of these Bungee jumping professionals.
“1, 2, 3 Jump! Jump! Jump!”
I jumped! I was accelerating at a dangerous pace towards the river. I screamed. My screams pierced through the peaceful valley and the green forests around me. Was it due to the fear of death? No! It was pure bliss! Immense exhilaration! These cheerful screams were due unprecedented adrenaline rush which I was experiencing, while falling through multiple layers of air at a rapid, very rapid pace. Check out my Jump in the video below.
My Jump Video (Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh)
3 seconds, the free-fall lasted for only 3 seconds. But, that was more than enough to qualify Bungee Jumping as the most thrilling adventure of my lifetime! I was pulled back by the cord tied at my ankle and that’s when I regained my senses. In my mind, I played those 3 seconds multiple times and realized what I had just done was a nerve-wrecking & thrilling experience. I oscillated and bounced back multiple times, hanging from the platform way above me.
Then, there was peace. My screams and joyous cheers had subdued and nature’s silence had enveloped my intense emotions. I was at peace now and just stared at the trees far away while hanging upright. The staff helped me to get down, offered me a water bottle and showed me directions to trek back to the office. I waited for my friends to jump. After some more screams, we all had finished our jumps. We stayed there for some time, observing more people displaying their bravery. Finally, we trekked back to the office and headed towards Shivpuri, where we would camp tonight, in anticipation of a 27 KM rafting expedition the next day!
Best Bungee Jumping in India can be enjoyed in the holy town of Rishikesh. Many adventure enthusiasts visit Uttarakhand with the agenda of river rafting & bungee jumping in Rishikesh. This peaceful and holy town in Uttarakhand is referred to as the Adventure Capital of India.
So, if you are planning for an adventure activity or looking for best bungee jumping in India, look no further. Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh will not disappoint you. I have compiled some quick tips for you which would help in planning for Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh.
Quick Tips for you:
1) Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh can be done at a Jump Zone 25 KMs away from Rishikesh town. To reach the Jump Zone, there are primarily two options.
- Rent your own cab which would take you at the jump zone and wait for you till you finish. The maximum time they would wait for is 3 hours. Post that, they might ask for extra money. Once your jump is over, they will drop you wherever you want. Normally, 3 hours is more than sufficient to perform Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh. You can hire a cab from Rishikesh bus stand after bargaining. We paid for Rs 1530 for 3 people and were dropped at our Shivpuri river rafting camp after the Bungee jump. However, we had to pay an extra entry fee of Rs 100 per head.
- Jumpin Heights provides transportation for Rs 350 per person (including Rs 100 entry fee), to & fro. Their buses have fixed departures every 1.5 hours. The buses leave from their Tapovan office at 9:30 am, 11 am, 1:30 pm & 3 pm. Bus takes around 1.5 hours to reach the Jump Zone. Now, this option can be considered if you want to come back to Rishikesh town after the jump instead of going at any river rafting camp. Their bus would not take any detour. While returning also you will have wait for their bus to leave which can be a waste of time.
2) Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh is the most thrilling adventure activity one can do. Other activities like flying fox, giant swing etc can be done if you have a couple of extra thousand bucks to spare. But, nothing will be able to beat the Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh.
3) The cost for Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh is Rs 3,000 per jump. They have an entry fee worth Rs 100. To get your Bungee Jumping video, you will have to shell out Rs 750 per jump. For photos, they will extract an image and charge extra for that. For other activity rates, you can visit Jumpin Heights official site.
6) Don’t plan your Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh on Tuesday. They would be closed.
Also Read: Best Bungee jumping around the world.
I hope you find this post useful. Do let me know your experiences in comments section. Also, you can ask me any questions by commenting here. So, share this post with your friends and plan an amazing adventure – Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh!